From Bambara, a restaurant in Salt Lake City, Utah. While I was on vacation in the Rockies, I enjoyed these unusual flavors together – Enjoy!!
- 1/2 medium ripe seedless red watermelon, peeled diced into 2 inch cubes
- 4 cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed, diced into 1/8 inch cubes
- 2-3 fresh Fresno Chili Peppers (red Jalapenos), seeds removed, diced in 1/16 inch cubes
- 1/2 bunch of fresh Cilantro leaves removed from stems, and chopped
- 1 fluid ounce raspberry vinegar
- 3/4 ounces Fresh Basil stems removed, chopped
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and Fresh ground black peppercorns to taste
- Puree in a blender half the quantity of the watermelon and 1/4 of the cucumbers until almost smooth
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve in chilled bowls, garnished with several drops of extra virgin olive oil.
Accompaniments: sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro