Adapted from Epicurious
yield: Serves 6
- 1 oz. fresh wild mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 10 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 2/3 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Blind bake crust for 20 min. Maintain oven temperature.
- Coarsely chop mushrooms.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add wild and cremini mushrooms. Season with salt; saute until deep golden, about 10 minutes. Add shallots; saute 2 minutes. Add Cognac. Boil until almost all liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Mix in 1 tablespoon herbs. Cool.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese in crust. Cover with mushrooms. Whisk yogurt, yolks, egg and 1 tablespoon herbs in bowl. Pour custard over mushrooms. Top with remaining cheese. Bake until filling is set and top is golden, about 30 minutes. Cool on rack 15 minutes.