- 1/2 lb. crusty bread, cubed
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small bunch arugula leaves, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread bread onto a baking sheet and bake until cubes are toasted a pale golden. Let cool.
- Toss together bread with tomatoes, cucumber, arugula, scallions, and herbs.
- In a small jar, mix together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Taste and adjust seasonings, oil and vinegar.