From Susanne Guirakhoo This easy recipe makes a great side dish.
- 2 kohlrabi
- 4 carrots
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- juice of one lemons
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut carrots into medium sized slices. Peel kohlrabi and cut into similar pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Arrange carrots and kohlrabi, slightly overlapping. Add water. Turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn pieces over, add lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Carrots and kohlrabi should be still a bit firm, and most of the liquid evaporated.