A favorite recipe that uses many summer vegetables that you will find at our market. The vegetable filling can be varied according to your taste & can be used to fill not only zucchini or summer squash, but also bell peppers or tortillas. You can also find cheese at the market & could use Bondat Taco Seasoning instead of chili powder.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 6 medium zucchini or summer squash
- 3Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 cu corn kernels,
- 1 cup finely chopped greens
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, optional
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise & scrape out flesh. Reserve about a cup of flesh; freeze extra. Place zucchini boats on oiled baking sheet. Rub with oil, sprinkle with salt & bake in oven 12 minutes until slightly tender. Reduce oven temp to 400.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Salute onion, pepper & carrots until fragrant.
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt, and zucchini flesh to pan. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add greens, corn, & black beans. Saute until greens have wilted.
- Add cooked quinoa and mix thoroughly.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Spoon filling into zucchini boats. Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese. Place in oven until cheese is browned (if using) and everything is hot, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.